The AAV-family is the Marine Corps primary armored fighting vehicle for the rifle platoons. It is an amphibious vehicle (modeled in CMSF2), but well capable of inland operations as well. It is huge in size and capable of transporting four times the soldiers that Bradley IFV can (25 soldiers to be exact). The vehicle is armed with 40mm grenade launcher and 12.7mm machine gun in a turret. It is capable of engaging enemy infantry and light vehicles with ease. It is lightly armored and even though it has ERA-capability, it should not be put under RPG fire. The AAV-family vehicles can be found in Combat Mission: Shock Force Marines.
Technical information[edit | edit source]
- 40mm Mk19 grenade launcher
- Coaxial 12.7mm machine gun
- Unarmed (AAVC-7A1)
- Fire control system
- Lightly armored
- Diesel engine
- 22.8 tons (AAV-7A1)
- 23.0 tons (AAVC-7A1)
- Crew: 3 (commander, gunner, driver) (AAV-7A1) / 4 (commander, executive officer, gunner, driver) (AAVC-7A1)
- Passengers: 25 (AAV-7A1) / 9 (AAVC-7A1)
Variants in the game[edit | edit source]
Marines module (CMSF):
- AAV-7A1: The base model with huge passenger capacity and guns. It comes with mix of ammunition and other equipment.
- AAVC-7A1: The command variant with reduced passenger capacity and no guns. Designed to carry Battalion HQ elements of a Marine Infantry Battalion. It is loaded with high tech equipment and other stuff.