BRDM-2 stands for Boyevaya Razvedyvatelnaya Dozornaya Mashina which translates to Combat Reconnaissance/Patrol Vehicle. It was designed to be used as a scout car by the Soviet Union. It was intended to replace BRDM-1 with better amphibious capabilities and better armament. The armor can withstand small arms fire and artillery fragments. The wheels are vulnerable to puncture. The BRDM-2 can be found in the games Combat Mission: Shock Force, Combat Mission: Afghanistan and Combat Mission: Black Sea.
- 14.5mm KVPT MG (BRDM-2/BRDM-2U)
- Coaxial 7.62mm MG (BRDM-2/BRDM-2U)
- AT-3 / AT-5 ATGM (BRDM-2 ATGM)
- Welded steel armor
- Gasoline engine
- Weighs 7.0 tons
- 14.5mm AP-I (500 rounds)
- 7.62mm (2k rounds)
- AT-3 / AT-5 HEAT (8 missiles) (BRDM-2 ATGM)
- Crew: 2 (gunner, driver) (CMSF) / 1 (driver) (CMA)
- Passengers: 4 (CMSF) / 5 (CMA)
Variants in the gameEdit
Base game (CMSF):
- BRDM-2: This Armored Reconnaissance Vehicle is a small four-wheeled high-speed all-terrain vehicle used mostly found in recon platoons. It has the same armor and armament as the BTR-60PB .
- BRDM-2 ATGM: The BRDM-2 ATGM launcher vehicle mounts launch rails for the AT-3 Sagger or AT-5 anti-tank guided missile in place of the turret, and are found in the Regimental ATGM Platoon only.
- BRDM-2U: The BRDM-2U adds extra radio equipment for Company and higher communications, but otherwise is the same as a standard BRDM-2.
- The only external difference is extra radio antenna. The loss of a command BRDM hurts command and control.
Base game (CMA):
- BRDM-2: This Armored Reconnaissance Vehicle is a small four-wheeled high-speed all-terrain vehicle used mostly found in recon platoons. It has the same armor and armament as the BTR-60PB. The crew consists of 4 people and in combat conditions the solders often dismount and proceed on foot.
Base game (CMBS):
- BRDM-2 (AT-5B)
- BRDM-2M (AT-5B)
- Combat Mission: Shock Force game manual v1.20
- Combat Mission: Afghanistan game manual
- Combat Mission: Black Sea game manual
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.