BTR stands for bronyetransportyer which literally means armoured transporter. BTR-80 is an improved version of BTR-70 and it was designed to replace both it and the older BTR-60PB. It was adopted in 1986. It has a slightly longer hull than BTR-70. It has a slightly modified turret as well. It can be found in the games Combat Mission: Afghanistan and Combat Mission: Black Sea.
- 14.5mm KPVT heavy MG mounted in the turret
- 7.62mm MG mounted in the turret
- Steel armor
- Diesel engine
- Weighs 13.6 tons
- 14.5mm AP-I (500 rounds)
- 7.62mm (500 rounds)
- Crew: 2 (gunner, driver)
- Passengers: 8
Variants in the gameEdit
Base game (CMA):
- BTR-80: The standard vehicle.
Base game (CMBS):
- BTR-80 (1V152):
- BTR-80A: features 30-mm 2A72 autocannon
- BTR-82A: features 30-mm 2A72 autocannon
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.