Challenger 2 is the main battle tank for British forces. It is an upgrade over the old Challenger 1 tanks. It is almost as durable as the Abrams tank, but the best AT-weapons can disable it quickly. The enhanced version has applique armor and SLAT-armor which makes it a little bit better. It is a better tank than the T-72's that the Syrians field. It can be found in the game Combat Mission: Shock Force British Forces.
- 120mm rifled gun
- Coaxial 7,62mm chain gun
- 7,62mm GPMG mounted on the turret
- .50 cal RCWS (Enhanced version)
- Advanced fire control system
- 2nd Generation Chobham armour
- Dorchester level 2 applique armor (Enhanced version)
- 1,200bhp Perkins-Condor CV12 engine
- Weighs 62.5 tons
- 120mm HESH
- 120mm APFSDS
- 120mm WP
- 12.7mm (Enhanced version)
- Crew: 4 (commander, gunner, loader, driver)
Variants in the gameEdit
British Forces (CMSF):
- Challenger 2 (Telic): The basic MBT.
- Challenger 2 (Enhanced): Added toe armour to the front, SLAT-armour to the turret and the rear, applique armor to the turret and .50cal RCWS mounted on the turret.
- British Forces Module Manual v1.20