Scimitar is a recon vehicle, and as such it is lightly armoured and small. Part of the Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked), or CVR(t) vehicle family it has many similar parts with other vehicles of the same family. Designed to be air portable (not modelled in the game). It is used by Recce regiments and Armoured Infantry. Equipped with bar armour. Scimitar can be found in the game Combat Mission: Shock Force British Forces.
Tips for using the vehicle[edit | edit source]
- Very lightly armoured, but good optics. Park as far as possible in hull down -position and let it spot for you.
- 30mm autocannon means that it can knock out other lighter armored vehicles like BMP's. It will lose to tanks in meeting engagements, though a lucky burst to rear of an older Soviet tank like T-55 might get you a kill.
- Bar armour means that it is partially protected against RPG-7's and other lighter AT assets. Don't push your luck though.
- Pretty limited ammo capacity in HE ammo, so use against buildings and other infantry positions with some thought. Suppressive fire with MG is a good choice because it has plenty of ammo for that.
Technical information[edit | edit source]
- 30mm Rarden cannon
- 7.62mm machinegun
- Aluminium armor
- Bar armour
- Diesel engine
- Weighs 7.8 tons
- 30mm HE (39 rounds)
- 30mm APDS (162 rounds)
- 7.62mm (>3k rounds)
- Crew: 3 (commander, gunner, driver)
Variants in the game[edit | edit source]
British Forces (CMSF):
- Scimitar: The Scimitar is a reconnaissance tank. It has very low ground pressure and small size, making it useful where the terrain is hostile. The Scimitar carries a 30 mm Rarden cannon for self-defence, as well as a coaxial 7.62 mm GPMG and smoke grenades.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Combat Mission Shock Force 2 British Forces manual