LAV stands for Light Armored Vehicle. It is a 8-wheeled Infantry Fighting Vehicle used by the Canadian forces. The armor protects against the 7.62mm rounds. The Stryker, used by the US Army, is based on the LAV III. Combat Mission: Shock Force NATO.
- 25mm chaingun
- Coaxial 7.62mm machine gun
- Pintle-mounted 7.62mm machine gun
- Diesel engine
- 25mm HE-I (450 rounds) (LAV III / CP / FOO)
- 25mm APDS (180 rounds) (LAV III / CP / FOO)
- 7.62mm (1k rounds) (LAV III / CP / FOO)
- TOW-2 T-HEAT (10 missiles) (LAV III TUA)
- Crew: 2 (gunner, driver) (LAV III / CP / FOO) / 4 (commander, gunner, loader, driver) (LAV III TUA)
- Passengers: 8 (LAV III) / 7 ( LAV III CP / FOO)
Variants in the gameEdit
NATO module (CMSF):
- LAV III: The basic variant.
- LAV III Command Post: No visible differences, used by command units
- LAV III Forward Observer Officer: No visible differences, used by the forward observers
- LAV III Tow-Under-Armor (TUA): The ATGM variant with the missile system.
- CMSF NATO Game Manual V1.30