T-62 is a main battle tank of Soviet origin. It was designed to replace the older T-55, but did it only partly. There is only around 500 to 600 T-62's in operational condition found in Syrian reserves, regular units as well as the Republican Guard crack units. T-62 is very similiar to T-55 with slightly longer hull and larger 115mm gun. It also has better fire control system, improved stabilization and a night vision system out to a range of 600-800 meters. The tank can be found in the game Combat Mission: Shock Force.
- 115mm smoothbore gun
- Coaxial 7.62mm MG
- Pintle mounted 12.7mm DShK
- Fire control system
- Cast armor
- Appliqué armor (T-62M) or Kontakt ERA (T-62MV)
- 38.88 liter diesel engine
- 37.5 tons (T-62 1972/1975)
- 41.5 tons (T-62M)
- 42.8 tons (T-62MV)
- 115mm HE (18 rounds)
- 115mm HEAT (5 rounds)
- 115mm APFSDS (10 rounds)
- 12.7mm AP (240 rounds)
- 7.62mm (1k rounds)
- AT-12 (3 missiles) (T-62M & T-62MV only)
- Crew: 4 (commander, gunner, loader, driver)
Variants in the game
Base game (CMSF):
- T-62 (1972): The base variant. Less than 100 units in operational condition. Found in reserve units only.
- T-62 (1975): Very similiar to 1972 but with KTD laser range finder and few improvements to the fire control system. Found in reserve units only and not in great numbers.
- T-62M: Very similiar to the T-55MV except having appliqué armor panels instead of ERA. This means in can also fire ATGM's from it's main gun and ability to produce a smoke screen using smoke launchers. This variant is also better protected with the addition of skirt armor. 200 units or so found in reserve units.
- T-62MV: The best of the T-62 family. Upgraded to have Kontakt ERA. About 150 found in regular and Republican Guard units.
Base game (CMA):
- T-62 (1972): The T-62 is a continuation of the T-54/55 line. It has larger size, and a new 115mm cannon. The 1972 version features an improved fire control system, gun stabilizer, and night vision equipment.
- T-62 (1975): Next version of the T-62. This model received the KTD-2 laser-rangefinder.
- T-62M: Like the T-55M, this tank underwent heavy modernization in 1983. It received a new fire control system - “Volna”, the ATGM “Sheksna”, additional armor on the front and sides, as well as other improvements.
- T-62AD: This is the model from 1983, modernized like the T-62M with the exception of additional armor. Instead it uses a unique active defence system - “Drozd” - capable of destroying incoming ATGM and RPG rounds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.